A Brief Profile of
MOHAMMAD JAVED PASHA
- Mohammad Javed Pasha is a Copy-Writer, Column Writer and Drama Writer. He has been writing plays and documentary program for Radio Pakistan, Pakistan Television and ARY. He has contributed so-far over 150 Radio Plays broadcast from Radio Pakistan and 110 TV plays telecast from PTV and ARY, during last 25 years.
- As a Column Writer and Feature/Article Writer he has contributed over 350 Columns in daily ‘Pakistan’ and 400 Article/Feature in the leading national Urdu and English newspapers and periodicals.
- Mohammad Javed Pasha also written a book in Urdu, titled “Saat Din Dhaka Men” (Seven Days in Dhaka)
- He has conducted frequent translation work for national and international organizations and national NGOs, form English to Urdu, including UNICEF, MDM, ILO, FPAP, Home Net Pakistan and Punjab Healthcare Commission.
- He has also developed/written scripts for Television Commercial and Documentary Films for various advertising agencies and development organizations.
- Javed Pasha has 25 years post qualification professional experience with Social Development Sectors and Punjab Government in the areas of Health Communication, Population Welfare Programs, Women Economic Empowerment and Behavior Change Communication in close collaboration with UNICEF, UNFPA, National NGOs and Government of Pakistan.
- He has attended one-month training course in ‘Advances in Family Health Communication’ held by the Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore USA sponsored by UNICEF.
- Developed concepts and wrote copies for the following products and services in forms of Press advertisement. Hoardings, Sigh-boards, Buntings, Banners, Posters, Brochures, Handbills, Newspaper Supplements, Documentaries Films, Radio and TV Commercials, TV Scrolls and Jingles etc.
Professional Achievements and Distinctions
- Received the “Award for Excellence in Population Communication” from the Ministry of Population Welfare, Government of Pakistan, in 1995.
- Received Award for Best Slogan Writing from Population Welfare Department Punjab, in 1996.
- My TV play “Baki Kia Bacha” was nominated for the Best Three Plays of the year, for PTV Award 2006.
- Received the “Award for Writing on Women and Social Development Issues” from Uks (an NGO working for Women and Media) in 2004.
- Director Communication with the Family Planning Association of Pakistan (FPAP) for ten years, 1989-1999.
- Senior Program Officer with HomeNet Pakistan, an international affiliated NGO working for informal women labor sector from October 2010 to 2015.
- Presently associated as Media Coordinator with Punjab Healthcare Commission form September 2015 to date.
You can also view my articles on :
My Other Site :